Speaker: Vadim Polyakov, Vice President Cloud Engineering, TechSmith Corp.
Level: 200 (Intermediate)
Using a simple MEAN app (MongoDB, Express, Angular and Node) we'll dockerize this application and spin up the entire infrastructure in Kubernetes on AWS. We’ll start with a successful build, dockerize it into a container, and then we will combine this container with official containers available on DockerHub to deploy a MongoDB replica set, nginx proxy, and scaled web API tier to run the entire application.
Engineers will get hands-on experience with deploying Docker and Kubernetes. No prior experience is required
- 1. Install the following:
- - VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox
- - Vagrant: https://www.vagrantup.com/
- - Git: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
- 2. Clone the repo: https://github.com/polyakov/kubist.
- 3. Download the image and get it running in VirtualBox by following these instructions: https://github.com/polyakov/kubist/blob/master/01-docker/01b-setup-prebuilt-image.md.4.
- 4. To run the clients in AWS, attendees will need an account in AWS to be able to launch an prepared image/AMI.
What You Will Learn:
- Tools and architectural trade-offs for running MongoDB in various configuration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deploy and manage an entire application in in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deeper understanding of containers, Docker and Kubernetes APIs, and architectural concerns for this type of deployment.